Les Croupiers Running Club Forum

Home | Results
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Karen Chadwell Offline
#1 Posted : 17 March 2020 07:58:28(UTC)
Karen Chadwell

Groups: Approved, Les Croupiers member

Has liked: 303 post(s)
Dear running friends.

I normally try to play down my day job, as Les Croupiers is a place of escape from stress, to fun and camaraderie in shared misery (running that is). I have been a doctor in intensive care medicine for 30 years. I know what I'm talking about so please listen to me.

Running has a big role to play in maintaining our mental and physical health over the next few months of hardship. Please keep running, and sharing the joy of running. Post your runs. Encourage. This is not trivial.

Adher to government advice. Check government public health sites. The approach is based on the science not the politics. Do not spread panic. So not spread false health advice.

The current advice (which may change) is that outdoor exercise is recommended. Unless you are self isolating, meeting up in small groups (2 or 3) is reasonable, and will help form and maintain friendships. Keep 2m apart and no touching or sharing. Keep local.

I would suggest that this forum is the perfect place to advertise, share and organise.

Keep running.

Your dearest friend in running

Dr Richard Self BSc MBChB FRCA FFICM
 2 users liked this post.
David.E Williams on 17/03/2020(UTC), dave james on 17/03/2020(UTC)