Les Croupiers Running Club Forum

Home | Results
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

jamesthebruce Offline
#1 Posted : 01 April 2020 05:35:46(UTC)
jamesthebruce

Groups: Approved, Les Croupiers member

Has liked: 851 post(s)
I had news of the following statement due out this week about a running races in the UK to start after restrictions following the COV19 issues.

Officials from the governing bodies for running met on Feb 30th to discuss the performance enhancements from Carbon plated shoes – particularly the European organisations are not in agreement with the IAAF policy on allowing the shoes. The analysts used the same data as presented in the runners world May edition that shows Nike shows give a 4% improvement on times and other carbon shoes a 2% improvement. The changes will be phased. The intent is that all new races will be required to have runners register the brand and model of shoes being worn. A statement /ormal press release is due some time before 12 today.

The intent will be to present results for all large races 1000 or more to have chip time, and carbon reduced time – CHIP and CRT times will be shown by the end of June this year and all smaller races must comply by year end. Therefore if you are using carbon shoes your times will be reduced by 4% or 2% depending on the type – CRT time and gun time. It has not been decided how official championship races will assessed. Historic races are under consideration for CRT times for Q5-2019 the intent is to update large race results using the photos (5000+) and change any results on the basis of race photos. They are expecting some resistance but with the changing to the Olympics year this will allow runners to get used to the changes.
 2 users liked this post.
julie scholey on 02/04/2020(UTC), Gary John on 02/04/2020(UTC)
Richie Bullen Offline
#2 Posted : 02 April 2020 08:13:49(UTC)
Richie Bullen

Has liked: 52 post(s)
Very good James! It was not until the second paragraph when you stated that ' smaller races must comply by the year end' that I twigged the date of your posting. Obviously it's not just running I'm getting slower at. Mind you I do think it would be a good idea LOL.
Gary John Offline
#3 Posted : 02 April 2020 16:04:02(UTC)
Gary John

Has liked: 6 post(s)
Definitely had me scratching my head, but I didn't look at it on April 1st, so I think I can be excused.
Well done James. Definitely lightened the mood during these awkward times.