Les Croupiers Running Club Forum

Home | Results
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Alan S Mason Offline
#1 Posted : 24 September 2022 14:53:27(UTC)
Alan S Mason

Groups: Administrators, Approved, Les Croupiers member, ResultsAdmin

Has liked: 238 post(s)
I've received the following from the British Legion, just putting it out there in case people want to help.

We are looking for volunteers in Cardiff to come and help us by volunteering for our Cardiff Poppy Run on the 30th of October on Bute Park. I was wondering if the Les Croupiers would be willing to assist with this.

Without volunteers these wonderful fundraising events can’t go ahead so any help is greatly appreciated. Poppy runs are a great atmosphere to be a part of; We are expecting around 400 people to take part this year. There will be an event village with catering, a warmup led by a local gym, and an MC and music building the atmosphere. We will also be in keeping with remembrance by having a minute’s silence, then a reading of the Exhortation, followed by the last post.

Poppy Run is not only a fun, family friendly run around Bute Park- It also helps to raise money for the armed forces community up and down the country.

Volunteering tasks will mainly revolve around being out on the 5KM course during the run – marshalling participants the right way and alerting them to any hazards (as well as cheering people on). All volunteers will be fully briefed on the day so no one will be chucked in at the deep end!

Below is a summary of timings:

9:00 Volunteers arrive on site and given a t-shirt, high-vis, and food voucher.
9:15 All Volunteers briefed by RBL staff member,
9:30 Event village opens,
10:00 Participants start arriving,
10:50 Pre-event ceremony begins,
11:10 Run Begins,
13:00 Last walker expected to have finished,
13:15 Event close down & marshals return
13:30 Volunteers finish.

I would greatly appreciate if you could pass this on to anyone you think would be willing to help. Similarly, if you think there is anyone I should contact that may be able to help, then please let me know.

If you have any questions or would like some more information, then please do not hesitate to get in contact. Here is the link to all the Poppy runs https://www.britishlegio...s-to-do/events/poppy-run

Thanks for your time.

Best wishes,
Raif