Les Croupiers Running Club Forum

Home | Results
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Caroline Dallimore Offline
#1 Posted : 09 February 2014 19:17:41(UTC)
Caroline Dallimore

Groups: Unapproved

Has liked: 62 post(s)
I have recieved the following information from the Friends of Radyr Court Rd. The plan to build 48 houses on the area of rough ground that we run through on the Summer Run was turned down by Cardiff Planning Dept however, it is going to Appeal. This is the last chance to stop this area being built on.

"An appeal against the decision of Cardiff Council's Planning Committee to reject the outline planning application to build 48 houses at Radyr Court Road is now under way. The Planning Inspectorate has decided it will be heard at an inquiry which will take place in City Hall. We understand that the planned date of the inquiry is 21st May, starting at 10am. Of course, we really want a big turnout at that inquiry, and we understand that individuals can request an opportunity to address the inquiry by attending on the first day.

We also have an opportunity to make further submissions to the inquiry, but these have to be made by 20th February. Previous submissions made in respect of the original planning application will be taken into consideration, so new comments must not be simply a repetition of previous ones.

The council's grounds for rejecting the application related to the difficulty of vehicle access to the site, and the fact that the site is a valued community amenity. Underlining both of these aspects, especially the value the whole local community places on the site, will really help our cause. We would encourage you to write again to the Planning Inspectorate to emphasize the strength of opposition to building on this site. One new angle would be to focus on the Grounds for Appeal, which is a new document containing a number of statements that can be refuted"

More information is on the Save Radyr Court Road website http://lefert.com/planning/. I am happy to forward the email with details about Grounds for Appeal etc if anyone wants it but submissions have to be made before Feb 20th. Thanks.
tim o'sullivan Offline
#2 Posted : 09 February 2014 20:24:47(UTC)
tim o'sullivan

Groups: Approved, Les Croupiers member

Has liked: 508 post(s)
Thanks Caroline

It looks like they've already started building - some serious JCB work in the field beside by the farm started this week Bored

(maybe drainage? I'll ask on route when I cycle to work)

I'll also get a letter in..
tim o'sullivan Offline
#3 Posted : 29 July 2014 22:00:56(UTC)
tim o'sullivan

Groups: Approved, Les Croupiers member

Has liked: 508 post(s)
Great news! Our summer route lives to fight another day - The Appeal has been turned down by The Minister...

Quote:
"the proposed development would be contrary to LP Policy 18, requiring safe provision to be made for cyclists, and LP Policy 19 which deals with the creation of a safe and convenient environment for pedestrians"

No mention of the safety of runners, although I'm more than happy to be classed as a pedestrian Smile

details HERE
 3 users liked this post.
amanda thompson on 30/07/2014(UTC), Stephen Hitchen on 30/07/2014(UTC), Caroline Dallimore on 31/07/2014(UTC)