Les Croupiers Running Club Forum

Home | Results
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ai-Lin Kee
#1 Posted : 27 March 2016 15:52:08(UTC)

Groups: Guests

I am thinking about it and checking out possible accommodation.

Choice of 10K or 14 miler...but value for money, I'd go for the 14 miler. Possibly a good one to couple with a long weekend in Mid Wales.

http://www.racethetrain.com/

jeffrey cox Offline
#2 Posted : 27 March 2016 16:52:48(UTC)
jeffrey cox

Groups: Approved, Les Croupiers member

Has liked: 157 post(s)
I've done this race the last 3 years,and it's a great race but a tough one also,14 miles on tarmac but mostly off road across fields,steams and muddy bogs but great fun.If the weather is a little inclement it makes difficult as it is quite exposed and some tough climbs.I usually make a long weekend of it with my amazing understanding girlfriend as we found a lovely farm B+B I'd recommend it at the drop of a hat,and as you say reasonably priced.
Tracey Newman Offline
#3 Posted : 27 March 2016 19:24:40(UTC)
Tracey Newman

Groups: Approved, Les Croupiers member

Has liked: 235 post(s)
I've done this one a couple of times and would say the 14 miler is the one to go for. It is the main race and the one where you actually run againist the train. I camped up there as there is campsite near the start. The first mile is on tarmace but the rest is across fields streams and bogs. The route goes across across alot of private land so it is general not released until the day before as the organiser do not wish to upset the farmers by having runners checking out the course before hand. Having said that the famers and their families are very co-operate often having their own refreshments stops for the runners. I do believe the route has change a little since I've done it. I would realy recommed it, it's great fun the locals are realy friendly and very supportive of the race and runners from across the uk and the world reguarly compete. I would recoomed early booking for accoumdation as it fulls up quicky. There are also sone children races so you can make quiet a family weekend of it plus non- running members can ride on the train.