Les Croupiers Running Club Forum

Home | Results
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Jenny Martin Offline
#1 Posted : 27 May 2020 10:53:03(UTC)
Jenny Martin

Groups: Approved, Les Croupiers member, ResultsAdmin

Has liked: 150 post(s)
Hi folks,

Some of you may have seen the recent changes to Strava, where some features which were previously free have now been moved behind a paywall.

For a number of years, I have used a site called Fetcheveryone to log my training. It has lots of really good training analysis tools, and all the site features are free for everyone to use (you can choose to make a voluntary contribution, but it is entirely voluntary, and even if you don’t subscribe you can still access everything, nothing is behind a paywall).

The guy who runs the site, Ian, is using the changes that Strava have made as an opportunity to promote the website, and has asked if I could post something on the Les Croupiers communication channels. He’s arranging a number of Zoom sessions where he will do a short presentation about how the site works, the key features of the training log and a few other things, and do a short Q&A afterwards. If this is something you feel you may be interested in, you can book onto one of the Zoom slots here https://www.fetcheveryone.com/zoom Alternatively, if you just want to have a look around the site for yourself, go to https://www.fetcheveryone.com (and obviously, if you're not interested, just ignore this post!)

2 users liked this post.
David.E Williams on 28/05/2020(UTC), gwen thomas on 01/06/2020(UTC)
Veronica Singleton Lawley Offline
#2 Posted : 27 May 2020 21:57:55(UTC)
Veronica Singleton Lawley

Groups: Approved, Les Croupiers member

Has liked: 1 post(s)
Hi Jenny and all
Thanks for this. Just thought I’d add a tenuous link...
Founder, Ian Williams is a Welshman (born Blackwood, I think). He met his wife, Kate Bernard, through an internet running forum, and came to Bedford when they married. Kate, a highly respected physio, has been a member of Bedford Harriers since 2005, and I’ve been a second claim member since 1996 when I moved from Wales.
Told you it was a tenuous link!!!
Stay safe all
Ron x
 1 user liked this post.
David.E Williams on 28/05/2020(UTC)