Les Croupiers Running Club Forum

Home | Results
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Marcus Meyrick Offline
#1 Posted : 24 January 2014 11:30:11(UTC)
Marcus Meyrick

Groups: Approved, Les Croupiers member

Has liked: 602 post(s)
Hi ladies and gents,
I have out my membership form in and I am eagerly awaiting the chave to pay my fees. In the meantime, I have read the following in the new members FAQ:

HOW DO I GET A VEST?
Once you have paid your subscription you need to complete 3 races as Les Croupiers Running Club to earn your vest. There is no charge for this, but replacement vests and other Club kit is available to purchase.

As I have not paid my membership as yet I presume I cannot start earning hte club vest.

However, when that time does come how do I go about completing races as Les Croupiers Running Club? Do i just join in official club races such as the "Old Father Time" that ran recently or when I enter races such as the Lliswerry 8 do I need to enter myself as a Les Croupier runner? My presumption is that I cannot do this until I have paid my full membership give the FAQ answer.

Cheers
Marcus.
amanda thompson Offline
#2 Posted : 24 January 2014 12:57:30(UTC)
amanda thompson

Has liked: 295 post(s)
Once you're registered as a club member then you can start earning your vest. Any race will count, where you're shown on the results against the club's name. You're correct in saying that you can't sign up for races on affiliated basis until you've joined. Some races will ask for your club name but some also ask for your Welsh Athletics number. The membership fee of £35 includes your membership of Welsh Athletics (£15.

Once you've run three races of your choice as a club member you will have earned the vest - our first colours vest is red with green hoop. Our chairman, John Griffin keeps hold of these, and he's easiest to find on a Thursday club night. There's no extra charge for that vest.

We also have a second colours vest, that's the black and red one. These can be purchased, along with other items of club kit in those colours, from me once you're a signed-up member. If you look at the kit section of this forum you will see my post and the attachment, giving details of the items available.
Marcus Meyrick Offline
#3 Posted : 24 January 2014 17:07:16(UTC)
Marcus Meyrick

Has liked: 602 post(s)
Thanks Amanda. In that case I shall wait patiently for a chance to pay my way. £35 a year is an absolute bargain for the benefits it brings.