Les Croupiers Running Club Forum

Home | Results
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Lyndon Tudor Maisey Offline
#1 Posted : 09 May 2014 19:41:45(UTC)
Lyndon Tudor Maisey

Groups: Approved, Les Croupiers member

Has liked: 586 post(s)
I like these so much that I just wanted to do a quick post to let people know about them. As the name suggests I believe these were designed with Ultra runners in mind.

To look at them particularly in plain colours they look a bit old fashioned and cumbersome. When you first put them on they feel really comfortable and light. I bought some New Balance 1080v4 shoes with are a well cushioned decent running shoe and these were 300 grams each and the Ultras are about 290.

I like the feel of both shoes but the Ultras just seem to get more comfortable the more you wear them! In fact after about 30 miles they mould to the shape of your feet. I would say they are the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn! My legs somehow feel less tired at the end of a long run as they haven't had to deal with so much impact. They are incredibly grippy and look like trail shoes underneath.

You can get them for £70 ish down from £100 in Mcarthur Glen Bridgend but only in black or white. The cons are they don't look great but get black and put some snazzy laces in and they look ok. They are not very water proof but you can spray them with scotch guard or similar and they are ok. You can get coloured ones but you would have to pay more.
 1 user liked this post.
Short Circuit (Howard Kent) on 10/05/2014(UTC)
Short Circuit (Howard Kent) Offline
#2 Posted : 10 May 2014 08:47:27(UTC)
Short Circuit (Howard Kent)

Groups: Approved, Les Croupiers member

Has liked: 716 post(s)
Interesting! I'm using Hoka Stinson Trails at the moment for similar reasons, but they are expensive!
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!