Les Croupiers Running Club Forum

Home | Results
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Sean Smith
#1 Posted : 12 September 2013 10:41:13(UTC)

Groups: Guests

I am an avid follower of the World Triathlon racing and will be heading off to see the Women's and Men's Senior races in Hyde Park over the weekend.

In case anyone is interested some of the Junior, U/23's and Senior racing is being shown live via the ITU website ..... the U/23's mens race should be a real cracker.

http://www.triathlon.org/live

cheers
Sean
Sean Smith
#2 Posted : 15 September 2013 12:00:19(UTC)

Just come back from an enjoyable trip to London to see some of the racing down in Hyde Park. Some many athletes, from so many countries with such impressive bikes !!!

Great to see so many age-groupers out there giving it there all.

Mainly interested in the Senior Womens race - which was very exciting to watch and had a great vantage point to watch the cycling and running legs. Some of the girls were certainly affected by the cooler climate (especially for the swim) and the front pack were clearly intent on not allowing any of the slower swimmers back into the mix ...

Best effort was from Aileen Reid who ran through to take 2nd spot.

Overall a great couple of days away.
Mick McGeoch Offline
#3 Posted : 15 September 2013 16:35:16(UTC)
Mick McGeoch

Groups: Approved, Les Croupiers member

Has liked: 1186 post(s)
Thanks for posting about this Sean. The Triathlon stuff sometimes slips under the radar.
It certainly slipped under the Sunday Mirror's radar, as their back page carried the headline "Triathlon Glory for Sandford". Well I suppose we ought to be grateful they gave the event any publicity, given the oceans of space they give to football (at every level). The ladies name is Non Stanford, of course. I should know, because I remember her thrashing me over 3000 metres at Millfield in 2004 - running 9:26 at age 15.
And talking of talented ladies, huge congratulations to Jessica Parry-Williams who finished 11th out of 784 (5th lady 30-34) in the Olympic Distance Age Group World Championships in 2:00:35 (winner did 1:56:07).
amanda thompson Offline
#4 Posted : 15 September 2013 17:38:43(UTC)
amanda thompson

Groups: Approved, Les Croupiers member

Has liked: 295 post(s)
Richard Dando came 16th in age group 35-39. Though not a Les Croupiers, he runs for Bridgend AC and is a colleague of mine at Sport Wales. So we had some decent Welsh talent there. Damn same Johnny Brownlee lost out in the sprint finish to Gomez. He was robbed.
Sean Smith
#5 Posted : 30 October 2013 10:05:15(UTC)

So Lisa Norden is now back in my brothers training group .... will be great to see if she re-establish some of the speed needed to race on the ITU circuit or will she remain focused on the longer distances for a little while longer.

Can't wait for the ITU season to re-start and will again be visiting London (and maybe Canada) to watch it live.