Les Croupiers Running Club Forum

Home | Results
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Gary Howgate
#1 Posted : 17 September 2013 16:28:03(UTC)

Groups: Guests

I am due a new pair of shoes for training in and am tempted to try out the Hoka one one's (pronounced ohnee ohnees Cool ). They go against the current trend in running shoes as they are highly cushioned, but, still have a fairly small heel drop. Reviews seem to be really positive particularly from runners with niggles and prone to injury (moi)...which is what has attracted me towards them! Has anyone ever tried them?? Confused
Stephen Paterson Offline
#2 Posted : 18 September 2013 17:22:01(UTC)
Stephen Paterson

Groups: Approved, Les Croupiers member

I've got a pair Cool, nearly as light as a racer and loads more cushioning than any 'normal' trainer. You won't believe how much cushion exists!!! no other trainer comes close...

I bought them for a recovery runs the day after a race or when I didn't want to run on the grass...

I wouldn't use them every day because I didn't want to get used to the exceptional cushioning then have the shock of racing in trainers with hardly any cushion...

I agree if you have a niggle where the impact of running causes pain then these trainers will 'mask' the niggle....Cool

1 user liked this post.
Short Circuit (Howard Kent) on 21/09/2013(UTC)
Gary Howgate
#3 Posted : 04 October 2013 12:28:40(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for that!

I've taken possession of my Hoka One One Stinson Trails today!.

Hav'nt given them a full on test yet but gave them a quick run round the block..Wow! I'm really impressed by the cushioning which gives a floating feeling! A bit like running in moon boots (not that Ive ever had moon boots). Im looking to re-commence training in them after Cardiff Half and seeing if they assist with niggles and injuries!

I agree they're not a shoe for racing but I'm quietly confident that they're going to be a good choice for minimising the repetitive impact associated with the millage of training.ThumpUp

[img=http://www.milletsports.co.uk/running/shoes/ladies/hoka-one-stinson-evo-unisex-running-shoe/]Hoka One One's[/img]

Edited by user 04 October 2013 12:32:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Short Circuit (Howard Kent) Offline
#4 Posted : 02 November 2014 22:42:00(UTC)
Short Circuit (Howard Kent)

Groups: Approved, Les Croupiers member

Has liked: 716 post(s)
I've been using these for nearly a year now & they've allowed me to do more interval training without knackering my Achilles any further! They wouldn't suit everyone but I'm told a lot of the ultra runners are using them in the USA. ThumpUp

Difficult to get in the UK tho'. You have to order them specially from R&B.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!