Les Croupiers Running Club Forum

Home | Results
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Marcus Meyrick Offline
#1 Posted : 15 October 2014 13:21:23(UTC)
Marcus Meyrick

Groups: Approved, Les Croupiers member

Has liked: 602 post(s)
Hi guys,
For those of you who do not frequent the Cardiff parkrun Facebook page you may not be aware that I am in the initial stages of seeing whether a Junior parkrun is feasable in Cardiff.

The first step on this process is to see whether we have enough people willing to be involved as part of the Core Team for the event.

I am looking for 7 to 10 people who will be able to make up that Core Team and as such I am holding a meeting this Saturday, 18th October after the main Cardiff parkrun in Costa at Tesco's to gauge whether we have enough people willing to be part of the Core Team and commit to getting this off the ground. I already have some positive feedback from "regular" parkrunners so the idea appears to be a popular one.

Obviously this would be a totally separate event to Cardiff parkrun and if you already volunteer time to Cardiff parkrun I would not expect you to give more to a Junior event as well (unless you wanted to).

If anyone, especially those of you with young children want to be involved as part of a Core Team then let me know and just pop in on Saturday, 10am (ish) in Costas after main Cardiff parkrun to join in the chat.

Cheers
Marcus.
Tracey Newman Offline
#2 Posted : 15 October 2014 16:50:15(UTC)
Tracey Newman

Groups: Approved, Les Croupiers member

Has liked: 235 post(s)
While a Junior one is a good idea, many of the kids run the 5k one and have received their 10 t-shirts. Some of them have volunteer too. But there's probably plenty of youngsters that would give the junior a go. Good luck
 1 user liked this post.
jamesthebruce on 15/10/2014(UTC)