Les Croupiers Running Club Forum

Home | Results
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Lyndon Tudor Maisey Offline
#1 Posted : 31 October 2014 13:15:40(UTC)
Lyndon Tudor Maisey

Groups: Approved, Les Croupiers member

Has liked: 586 post(s)
Having been made redundant from my job I have had to sidestep into the Delivery Managers job where I work. The money is significantly better and I'm doing it on a 12 week trial so I can always go back to 7 weeks notice and take redundancy. It seems like a no brainer as I don't really want to be made redundant at Christmas and who knows if I can get a decent job by then!

This means I will now very rarely get to the club on a Thursday but I'm not exactly a regular lately anyway. My weekends might now be a bit more free to race though.I have to do a couple of Sundays a month because the money is just too good for covering a Sunday.

I will have to revert to running in the day for at least a while which I think could be quite good. I have never fancied running in the mornings ThumbDown as it seems like such an effort. I'm actually thinking running in the day before work could actually be really good. The mornings are tough but in the day you have had time to wake up and then you will be nicely charged up and ready for work.Cool

As I will be in charge of the shift rota I don't have to request days I can simply manipulate it how I want it (after consulting my deputies). I suppose sometimes you just have to adapt and make the best of things and I'm just thankful I will still have a job to go to!

What do you think is the best time to train?
amanda thompson Offline
#2 Posted : 31 October 2014 13:22:39(UTC)
amanda thompson

Has liked: 295 post(s)
mornings - besides, that's the start time for the majority of races. Glad to hear the new job is more runner friendly.
Mick McGeoch Offline
#3 Posted : 31 October 2014 19:46:14(UTC)
Mick McGeoch

Has liked: 1186 post(s)
Most of us have to work, so it's simply a question of fitting in training around your job. I managed to train twice a day from age 20 to 58 - but things do depend on personal circumstances. If running means enough to you, you'll find a way.
 1 user liked this post.
jamesthebruce on 01/11/2014(UTC)
jamesthebruce Offline
#4 Posted : 01 November 2014 11:15:01(UTC)
jamesthebruce

Has liked: 851 post(s)
For me... its morning plods...and evening blasts
Tracey Newman Offline
#5 Posted : 01 November 2014 13:43:51(UTC)
Tracey Newman

Has liked: 235 post(s)
I argee with Mick. If you really want to run and ompete in any race you will fit iin the trainning. I do perfer the morinings as not only do you get it out of the way, you can particularly at this time of year go off road. Another good thing to do is to run home form work ( or even to work if there is showers there) all you need is a good rucksack to carry your things in. Yous save miney and best of all you don't had to worry about going out again when you get in!